Originally Posted by OXN939
Originally Posted by AGL4now
Originally Posted by OXN939
, considering that he killed more Alaskan big game than probably anyone who is currently alive.

I'll have to disagree with that. I have worked with men who have for many years, harvested 30 to 40 Alaska Coastal Brown Bears in "TWO WEEKS". Or harvesting 300 Black Bears a year. Or shooting 50 or 60 Caribou for Bear Bait. It is a giggle how naïve current sport hunters are.......I guess that is for the best, overall.

I'll respectfully disagree that it's possible for anyone in 2021 to have killed as many Alaskan big game animals as a guy who was a professional hunter for four decades over a century ago... but you're welcome to your opinion.

Suggest you reread the book, Alaska's Wolf Man. He was only a market hunter for the mining company and only for a very brief time. He made his living as a trapper. Towards the end he did work for the Government.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).