Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I got Moderna X 2, figuring the shot kills fewer people than the Rona.

After #2, I got shingles followed by Bell’s Palsy. So don’t think I’m doing a booster. But, I’m still on the green side of the grass.

DF

The landowner where we hunt whitetails had the Moderna, and had the palsy for over 2 months. One of my best friend's brother had the Moderna, and also had the palsy but his only lasted 6 weeks. Glad you got over it DF.

Bell's Palsy is something you read about subsequent to those injections. Shingles, not as often discussed, but can be an issue.

I got on aggressive antiviral therapy, kicked the shingles in a week or so.

Soon after, got Bell's Palsy. I went to my eye doc, because if you're not blinking, your cornea can dry out. And, that's not good.

He put me on a mega dose of steroids. My physical therapy pard, said come over here, I've got a protocol for that. He did dry needling, putting those tiny needles in the affected muscles with electrical stimulation for 30 min, three times a week. The old saying, "use it or lose it" is true. Those muscles can get flaccid and when the nerves come back, they're behind. Not mine. They were up and running and when innervation returned, they were good to go.

I was over Bell's Palsy in a week. My eye doc had never heard of dry needling flaccid muscles from Bell's Palsy, but seemed impressed. I told my P.T. bud that I was "pimping" his dry needling protocol to the eye doc.

I was fortunate to get over both of those problems in record time. Getting after those issues early and aggressively paid off.

A good friend has MS, his wife had Guillain Barre years ago, an ascending paralysis that she still has some residual effects from. Those two are not gonna get the shots, as they both have neurodegenerative issues. Don't blame them. No booster for me, I'm done.

DF