Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
Not hijacking at all, just curious....What model Kimbers you have there hillbilly? Last year I sold the first 300WM Mesa to buy a Kimber 8400 Classic Stainless (gorgeous wood/SS) in 300WSM. It shot so well I gave it to my granddaughter (a pre death keepsake, ha I didn't want to drag it into the mountains) I tried another 8400 300WSM Classic (wood/blue) and it was lemon, I went back to Bergara B14 Hunter (very nice rifles). Played with it awhile, sold it to finance something different, but when I wanted a weather resistant 300WM, it was the Mesa for me. But my Kimber 84L Classic/blue in .270 "may end up in my coffin when I die at 120! ", lol.

Jim, I have owned a dozen or so Kimbers and I also had a lemon many years ago, it was a Montana .308 Win that had a feeding issue and would not shoot better than 2 moa even after a two month turn-around trip to Kimber....Otherwise the rest of the Kimber rifles I have owned over the years have been fantastic in every way. I have sold a few i wish i still had including a Sub-Alpine model in .300 WSM and a Classic model chambered for 30-06 that were both wonderful rifle's. I currently own a Subalpine chambered for 30-06 and three Montanas ( two 308 Win and one .300 WSM)....Good luck...Hb