Most of the younger generation these days don't read much. They watch Tic-Toc or YouTube. Different forums have different rules and different objectives. The Accurate Shooters forums are ok but the general forum has tight rules on political posting so the liberals have the run of the house. If there's any conservative view posted one of the liberals will pitch a fit and get the thread shut down. It's that way on a lot of forums but it is what it is. The owner sets the rules.

Shooting posts run the gambit. People have been arguing about heavy slow bullets vs lighter faster bullets since the invention of the firearm. It won't change. People have been ragging on new cartridges since they started coming out. That won't change. Some people just like to bitch to hear their own chatter. That won't change.
I don't argue about anyone's choice of weapons. It serves no purpose. If you like the 257 Roberts you're not likely to change your mind. If you hate everything else, you aren't likely to change your mind. As far as magazines go; it's a hard business to get in and getting harder. Not many people read much anymore. In Jack O'Connor's day not many people could afford to go on extended hunts and Safaris. There apparently wasn't that many well heeled people running around the hunting fields. Today it's a different world. Well heeled sportsmen far outnumber the professional outdoor writers. I have great respect for many of them especially JB (MuleDeer). He's a good writer with a world of experience. I like to look up his posts, and some others to get their views on stuff. it's always interesting.

Forums are what they are and what We the membership make of them. However in America today there doesn't seem to be much room for sanity. Liberal leftists taint and sour everything they can get hold of. They'll start a ruckus and walk off smiling like a possum eating chit.