Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by LongSpurHunter
Absolutely. I have 2 DT lines coming from The Fly Shack, unlabled.

Gnoahhh and I hit up Big Hunting Creek in the Catoctins Saturday and he found the #3 weight line that felt good yard casting on his new #2 was way overweight once we were on the water so I'm sure he'll be interested in your results.

We got up there and temps were in the mid 50's then it started sprinking and then is started blowing like stink and then is started raining and then the temps started dropping and the rain started sinking our flies.

We went west sought refuge in http://thebroadaxe.com/the-place/ It was our only good idea for the day. grin

Big Hunting Creek is a stereotypical mountain freestone creek with greatly varied water: tumbling rapids that end in deep pools interspersed with long stretches of "old guy wadable" slack water. A healthy population of wild browns in the lower stretches and darling brookies up higher. Give it a whirl if you're within striking distance. (Plus it's right down the hill from Camp David. You can stop by and say hi to "Brandon" while you're up there! Haha!)

The Broad Axe was a favorite haunt of mine in my salad years. I was relieved when Pugs approached my shivering drowned-rat self and suggested we decamp to a warm bar. It allowed me to save face and not be the one to cry "Hold, enough!" Sometimes it's as good to talk about fishing as it is to do it.

Yeah, I made the classic mistake of judging a rod/line combo by only lawn casting it - the 3wt triangle taper that worked beautifully for short 20-25 foot casts (which I knew would be the order of the day on Big Hunting Creek) in the backyard became like a ship's hauser on that 1.7 ounce 2wt rod once it got wet. D'oh!! Could've been God getting back at me for not using my usual 4 or 5 weight bamboos! Dunno.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty