Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by WTM45
Being "of the flesh" I see my daily walk as a challenge because it is.
Hopefully, learning as I go. And not attempting to be seen as "righteous" in the eyes of others, but trying to do what I believe God intends for me to do.

Easy? That depends on the day.
It is not religion that I need for guardrails at the curves. It is simple trust in God for direction.

Really.
Aren't you forgetting something?

Ye are all the children of light
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Here's the Bible passage Jesus was quoting that verse from. I think that they would have been familiar with it, or certainly could have looked it up.

Psalms 82
1" God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations."

When Jesus quoted verse 6, he wouldn't have been telling them that they were equal with the Father or His only begotten. The term doesn't mean that they had the attributes of the omnipotent, all knowing God and Creator of the universe. When you look at the context, those who were refered to as "gods" were given the responsibility of judges on earth...verse 2.
They were expected to be the Almighty's hands of defense and justice, verse 3. They were supposed to deliver and protect the poor and needy, verse 4, but instead they walked in darkness.

Keep in mind that the men Jesus addressed were judging HIM and that unrighteously. However, they SHOULD have known that someday they would be judged by Him, see verse 1 above.

To conclude, "But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.".

In spite of being the judges who walked in darkness, called God's they would die like men.

This is a fact that we all should consider.
That is why He wants us to reject our own attempts at salvation and take His way by faith.....in Him.

Oh really, then who was verse 7 about?

The Bible is very explicit that God, the Kingdom, and Christ dwell within you, but of course that doesn't fit your agenda or narrative does it. If one worked out their salvation they wouldn't need you nor the church where God isn't at. It was the teachings you keep espousing here that Jesus was against.
Reading scriptures literally like you guys do teaches me that it is your teachings that I should run from. That path is way to broad with all kinds of legalistic man inspired teachings.