Shortfinger, That's what I keep remembering from years ago when Nilgai 1st gathered a lot of publicity from Ray Sasser, the Dallas Morning News Outdoors guy, & his Houston Post buddy ?Shannon Tompkins I think it was. I was in Joe McBrides in Austin one day when a couple guys walked in talking about going Nilgai hunting and the outfitter sez no deer rifles ...like you wuz in Africa ...and walked out couple $K lighter toting "Grey Ghost" guns. There's been some chatter online lately about Powderhorn & Sambar success stories, and seems like there used to be Nilgai hunts fairly common in the Valley too, but I am not hearing anything about hunting anything in the Valley anymore now that I've been out of the Rep bidnizz for over 25 years At my age of 77 Powderhorn has more than just Sambar catching my eye. I did score a tag at SLRSP for later this winter...only took 21 points and 25 years to score a tag again. I'd also like to try and get an Aoudad on the wall too from west of Ft Hood. Great looking trophy's...Sambar ?? mebbe... mebbe Not
Ron

Last edited by sakoron; 11/20/21. Reason: clarity