Do not conflate your misadventure with citizens confronting a criminal near their homes. The victims of the law in the jogger case found themselves unfairly subject to a convoluted and muddy part of the law which should have set right by their peers.

When I was a youth with someone chasing for something I should not have done or was simply outnumbered I ran for cover and kept running. The criminal attempting to take the shotgun was expected by no one. He was deranged by birth or choice.

The case was self defense after the victims got themselves in over their dimwitted heads. Under the law, it could happen to you if you approached someone who then attacked you because you approached them, putting yourself and your weapon near them, creating the situation resulting in their death.

Also, ID isn't GA. The idea that mores and laws should be the same for people who live in what are practically different countries is ludicrous.

Look: https://matadornetwork.com/read/map-shows-many-european-countries-can-fit-continental-us/

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s