Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by dvnv
"I don't see an edit tag on the original post."

He might want to edit again because I80 never gets close to 13 miles from the Oregon border.

To be fair, OP was using the clutch and brakes to change gears on 50's gen tractors and bucking bales at 5 years old. Maybe the interstate or state line has changed?

Back in the day this section of highway was signed and referred to as I 80. From 1960 when it was built through 1980 when it was redesignated I 84. It crosses into Oregon at Ontario.

The highway originally served as a fork of I-80 to serve the Pacific Northwest, and was originally numbered Interstate 80N. It was generally built along the corridor of U.S. Route 30 (US 30) and US 30S, which themselves largely followed the Oregon Trail; the US 30S designation was decommissioned in the 1970s after the freeway replacement was mostly complete. The highway was signed with the I-84 designation in 1980

As the date of the event recounted above was 1973, the nomenclature was exactly correct.

Any other dumbasses want to cast aspersions on my knowledge of my backyard of 65 years? You reminds me of a Reagan quote paraphrased " It's not that you are actually stupid, but so much of what you know is wrong."

You ignorant fuggs ought to figure out I have no reason to lie about any of this. I have absolutely zero "give a fuggs" about what you might think, therefor no reason to attempt to impress you.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.