I’ll have to scour the forums for a toelke sounds like. I wish we had an archery shop here that had some stick bows a guy could handle but I doubt very many shops anywhere have much of a selection of the nicer custom and semi custom makers.

I drug some bows out this afternoon and did a little shooting. Found a long forgotten 1950s Bear Cub R/D bow I bought years ago and didn’t ever shoot much. It’s the old grey glass dual shelf model, can’t remember the exact year. It’s a 62” bow and draws pretty smooth to my length. It’s #54 @28” so way heavier than I want or need but I shot it really well, 15 arrows in a 4” or so circle at 16 yards. It’s quieter than my Howatt recurve I’ve been hunting with for the last 19 years though I’m sure it’s a little slower. Main issue aside from more poundage than I want was hand shock, god lord the hand shock. After probably 40-50 arrows I felt like I’d caught a line drive baseball barehanded in my left hand. I think after gun season is over I might hunt it some during the late archery season, with Christmas coming up I probably won’t be buying a new bow for a little while anyway and it’d be neat to punch a tag with an antique.