Originally Posted by War_Eagle
How many different bullets have you tried with your rifle?

I don't think I would start removing wood on that rifle. Maybe you just haven't found "THE" bullet yet?

I've run 100 gr E-Tips. After about 400 with different powders, cases, COAL, etc. I gave up. Charley Santoni called this rifle a "Temperamental Whore", when he had his hands on it. 100 gr BT. 115 gr and 120 PT. It likes the 120. Carried it with me on a Utah spike elk hunt. No joy! Hated the 110 Accubond....except for one IMR 4350 powder charge. 100 Sierra SPT BT; 4"-6" groups. Did some initial work ups on the 100 gr Hornady SP but never finished the project. Charley turned me onto the 115 BT with IMR 4831 and BINGO! It really likes that bullet and powder. I finally killed a few deer as did my son and step son's who took their first deer with it. I even put those 3 into that cow at 220 yds. Great bullet performance. I've also played a bit with the 115 Berger and Barnes, 80 TTSX, 110 ELD-X. I wish Hornady made the 87 gr SP still. The rifle loves that bullet with Varget or H4350.

Alas, I really want/need to get the 100 TTSX or 101 LRX to work. Barnes is my employer. Ran a primer test today and the Fed 210 showed great promise with the 2nd shot inside the 1st shot and the 3rd 1.25" off to the right. Single digit ES for the 3 shots. Jury is still out.

Alan