Originally Posted by fishingnut71
I had a 300wm that i bought in high school back in the late 80s. it was a bdl custom deluxe and it shot 1/2 inch moa with rem core-lokt 180gr ammo. I could not believe it but the thing just shot good. during elk season we were all in a small area during elk season(spike only, unicorn as we call them here) when all of a sudden the fog rolled in and then the elk started running around not knowing what was going on. I dont know why but it was crazy. Every elk in the area seemed like they were around us. thre was a herd of about 40 that came into the small meadow i was watching and they all froze dead center in the middle. the guy next to me shot and wounded a cow. that split the herd a little and there were like 4 spikes in the herd and the stupid one steps forward enough to give me a shot and one and done. it started to rain and my buds helped me with game cart to get animal out but one of the had a 7mm mag that keep fogging up so we switch guns so i can take it back to camp and he can hunt with mine. long story short, he come back to camp with everyone else and hands me my gun, i take the saftey off to unload the gun and it discharges into the ground. I sold the gun for cheap not knowing any better. wish i would have thought of a after market triger.Damn good rifle,but heavy.

That story is believable. The "lifting the bolt" story is not.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.