Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by fishingnut71
I had a 300wm that i bought in high school back in the late 80s. it was a bdl custom deluxe and it shot 1/2 inch moa with rem core-lokt 180gr ammo. I could not believe it but the thing just shot good. during elk season we were all in a small area during elk season(spike only, unicorn as we call them here) when all of a sudden the fog rolled in and then the elk started running around not knowing what was going on. I dont know why but it was crazy. Every elk in the area seemed like they were around us. thre was a herd of about 40 that came into the small meadow i was watching and they all froze dead center in the middle. the guy next to me shot and wounded a cow. that split the herd a little and there were like 4 spikes in the herd and the stupid one steps forward enough to give me a shot and one and done. it started to rain and my buds helped me with game cart to get animal out but one of the had a 7mm mag that keep fogging up so we switch guns so i can take it back to camp and he can hunt with mine. long story short, he come back to camp with everyone else and hands me my gun, i take the saftey off to unload the gun and it discharges into the ground. I sold the gun for cheap not knowing any better. wish i would have thought of a after market triger.Damn good rifle,but heavy.

That story is believable. The "lifting the bolt" story is not.

^^^^^^^^^^
This

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience