Very interesting Dillon. I don't think it was bad advice and get what he is saying but do think the 140 GK is still a good option for
a) heavier boned animals b) closer shots or c) f it shoots better.
I found consistently perfect pass throughs with the 140's and repeated drops. Even on larger pigs. Not believing my lying eyes over usual crowd here telling me the twist in my rifle was too slow for them I went with120 Pro Hunter's and been using them. Of course now it is mostly because I can't find the 140's or the powder I used for them. I run them slow because they are not bonded and my shots are normally inside 100- although I did put one through the brain pan of a big hog at about 400 ( not that I could pul lthat off every time). From what I have seen if you want to push them at all- go with the 140's. Isn't that rather the point of the Creedmoor? The ability to load a 140 w/o worrying about magazine length- which can be an issue for mine. I found if I pick a powder charge I can find accuracy by simply changing seating depths. Much prefer this method to multiple powder charges. You can always tweak the charge slightly up or down depending on the test group results.
The 120's usually exit, but one or two didn't . Those were close- say inside 70 yards.. The one time I used a 120 NBT it didn't exit either so- also a fairly close shot. .I had one Pro Hunter fragment on a mid sized hog- but did exit. Also close. Dropped him very fast.

This year I got an exit on a very large buck for these parts. (perfect heart shot). The off side had a fair amount of broken bone -so not just pencilling through. Jumped at the shot but that is about where I recovered him.

I do think there has to be something about energy dump. The Hornady's I used to use always had smallish exits and always had the deer running- usually about 70 yds.

Just goes to show ya huh?

Last edited by kenjs1; 12/09/21.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius