Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by doubleDs55
What is this repent?

The term "repent" as it applies to salvation does not mean "turn from sins.
Does God sin?
Never.
If you look up who in the Bible repented more than anyone else, it was God. That's because it is a change of mind. Sometimes He changes His mind at the request of His servants or when those suffering believers cry out to Him.

The Jewish people were told to quit trusting in the law and traditions of what became to be commonly taught in the Jewish religion and repent, meaning (change their minds ). Their Savior, Christ Jesus was beginning His ministry and preaching this as well. So they had to change their minds about the false belief they had in keeping the law and choose to believe in Christ.
Baptism was a work or first step of identifying with Christ AFTER they put their faith in Him...."that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ."
Details are in my original post as well as the links below.

God does not sin? The bible has its god cursing the whole world and the generations that follow over the actions of a naive couple, drowning the world, ordering wholesale slaughter, women, children, infants, livestock....that is sin on Grand Scale.

Oh well… there was another man who once questioned and accused God….God asked him a series of questions…this is just part of God’s responses:

“Then the Lord answered……out of the whirlwind….and said, Who is this that darkeneth (my) counsel by words without knowledge?”

Words without knowledge…. There you have it in a nutshell… you speak but speak without knowledge.

I'm not making accusations. It is in the bible. I am merely pointing to what is written.

Well sure you are making the allegation that God sins…. You end your statements with “….:that is sin on a grand scale.”

You don’t seem stupid so one would assume you know what you wrote… but then you try to deny it by saying you are not making an accusation…..you then just make yourself like ….well what…let me see…..wishy washy?…. Well yes but …. Maybe just just onlooker blurting out rash and poorly thought out nonsense…...like a *******?

Btw…. You seem to have your own odd, ill informed and unsubstantiated opinions about all sorts the biblical topics….so perhaps you can ponder this…. Did the fall of Lucifer happen before or after the creation of man?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”