Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
No, a decent good person is one who practices the Golden rule as much as possible.

Do you think if you're "good enough", you're GTG?

What did Christ die for if you can make it in on your own account?

This. None are really good.

(Sorry, Im entering this late and it may have been previously explained.)

And if all you have to do to be saved and have everlasting life, why wont satan be there also? Doesnt satan believe?

Why this scripture then, S Cub, R Chuck, HC?

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall. enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth. the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Didnt those who said unto Him, Lord, Lord believe in Him? whistle

I'll try to answer your question best I can.

Matthew 7:21...
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

I will try to break it down to Q & A so that it's easy enough for me to understand. When I get to a text I need to ask basic questions like...

Who is this addressed to?
Answer:. The condemned/lost/ unregenerate
Verse 21 b & 23

Were they saved by their works, but then lost it somehow how?
A:. No, because Jesus " never knew" them to start with.

Did they make Jesus Lord of their life, or consider Him such?
Jesus did not dispute that. 21, 22

Did they preach/ prophesy in Jesus Name?
I would say yes, because again Jesus did not dispute this.

Did they do many "wonderful works" including casting out devil's?

What/ who were they trusting in for salvation?
Why did they think they should be allowed into heaven?
A: 22 Their own wonderful works. They had the same confusion that many preachers do today. They mixed faith in Jesus with faith in good works.

"[b]Not by works of righteousness which we have done[/u], but according to his mercy he saved us..."
Titus 3:5

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
"Ephesians 2:8,9

What should they have done instead of "AND and in thy name done many wonderful works" kind of faith?

Jaguar,

Jesus gave us the answer to your question.

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."
John 6:40

He didn't say, "pr0phesy, keep the law, or do many good works, because it's too easy to just believe."
He was going to be beaten half to death, tortured and the Father putting each and every one of our sins on Him to be punished as much as necessary. Then Christ gave Himself The Sacrifice for us so we could choose.

Is that not enough or is there something else you want to add?
I honestly can't think of anything worthy of or compatible to that, can you?

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 12/19/21.