Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
In general I agree, but it’s a bit premature to say that about omicron. Let’s give it a couple weeks. It’s going to explode after Xmas.

You're correct that we don't know a lot about Omicron yet. Having said that, the symptoms and outcomes of the previous variants were already extremely mild, as far as medical pandemics go. The hospitalization and mortality rates bear this out. In general, subsequent variants of viruses tend to be more transmissible with less severe effects. It's not surprising that this appears to be the case with Omicron. It was already a stretch to convince people that we needed to shut down society for the previous variants, now it'll be even more difficult with a variant that causes even milder symptoms yet. And IMO, rightly so.

Do not agree that it’s extremely mild. We are over 800k dead in America, and will top 1 million soon enough. Killed my wife’s aunt. Almost killed her cousin in NYC in the early days. Put my 55 year old buddy in the ICU for 6 days. My wife’s coworker (otherwise healthy 40 year old) described it as being sicker than she thought possible. I think I had it early on and if so, it was brutal.

Omicron might turn out to be mild, especially for the vaxed. 🤞

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!