Originally Posted by seppli
Dwayne:

On a related note, are there any good books you can recommend on the Alexander McKenzie's 1793 expedition to the Pacific?

kaywoodie;
Good evening.......

Dwayne
[/quote]
[/quote]

seppli;
Good afternoon, I hope that if you're in the snowy section of Utah that you're dug out by now and that in all other ways the day is behaving for you.

In all honesty I need to read up more on Simon Fraser and Alex McKenzie, so do not have a particular book to recommend and do apologize for that.

As a broad statement, if I can find a journal or diary by the folks on the ground I much prefer that even if it's written in a style that's not easy reading.

When I read history, I'm looking for as clear of a picture of what it was like there and then, without someone else "interpreting" that a century later through the lens of their experience and not the folks involved back when.

That said then, this'd be my first read on the subject and might be something I'll put on my list actually.

https://www.abebooks.com/9780837187891/First-Man-West-Alexander-Mackenzies-0837187893/plp

Again sorry that's not truly a specific recommendation, but that's where I'd start.

All the best to you in 2022.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"