Originally Posted by sherm_61
They were never reintroduced in MT. not in N.W MT anyway they were already there.
I used to spend alot of time in what used to be the Lost Trail Ranch in Pleasant Valley in the 90's before it became the Lost trail refugee and I was with a couple of the Ranch hands one day and they took me and showed me were the Wolf dens were at, they had dug into the Bank.
An ole rancher Bob Monk shot one somewhere about 1990 in Pleasant Valley getting into his cows when fish and game finally admitted they were there.

Sherm, there was a pack that moved back and forth over the border back in the early 90's but the vast majority of wolves in the state, including the NW are the result of a well orchestrated process of bringing timber wolves down from Canada and turning them loose, and not just Jellystone park. I found one of the staging areas down along the Blackfoot river while I was scouting for a new area to hunt. The pens/cages were still in the area where FWP was acclimating the wolves before release in the area, and that was years earlier. The few wolves that moved in on their own is a drop in the bucket compared to what was artificially introduced/released.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton