Originally Posted by JOG
I've defended Spam here before. I've worked at the Hormel plant in Austin, MN a number of times. There is nothing mysterious about what goes into Spam and it's all decent pork shoulder and pork ham - no other scraps. The stuff is prime rib compared to potted meat or baloney. I've seen that stuff made too.

After watching Spam being made I would eat it out of the can in the company parking lot. After watching potted meat being made I won't ever eat it again.

Gee, a first-hand account. Of course, that can't hold a candle to "some guy told me" and urban legend. Thanks, Jog (p.s. I saw wieners being made at Wilson and Co - I know guys (some very well) who would sneak some from the line, conceal them in the pouch of a hooded sweatshirt, and break off pieces to eat while they worked. Sometimes they even heated them in the knife sterilizers.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.