Originally Posted by Hastings
I have a M-1 Garand made by Springfield. It is a National Match with serial # 6095640 in very good shape I have had it for several years and have only shot it twice with a 148 grain bullet powered by 47 grains of IMR 4064. It shot fine and reloaded itself fine. I have a gun nut friend pestering me to buy it. Did not get the paperwork but it was built in the late 50s I believe. I want all it is worth. What is the going price?

Do a check and confirm the rifle is a "real" issue National Match. I was thinking the 6 million serial number range was too high. Unfortunately, there are copies and forgeries for National Match rifles. If you have a real one it would probably add $500 to $1000 to the value. Not everyone is looking for a National Match rifle. If you find the right guy you could do well above $1000 more than a service grade rifle. Most of the National Match rifles I have seen set on a sellers tables for years and show after show because they are priced way out of line for what a person will pay for a service grade rifle.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.