I did 4 glacier hunts on a pair of Alico Guide boots. The older version had one more eyelet above the ankle and didn't have the goofy bulky padded ankle collar. These are thick 3mm+ roughout leather on a norwegian welt, and I melted pure beeswax into the welt and the parts of the upper that don't need to flex.

After trip 3, which was rather epic, they needed a resole because the rock chewed through the outsole and part of the midsole at the arch.

They're now retired...trip 4 chewed its way to the midsole again, and some heel strap stitching is starting to go.

The rock didn't eat the upper to any great extent (where a rubber rand would be), and I credit the pure beeswax for that. Lots of hard marks, that slid over the leather. Pretty remarkable boots, but really heavy, and break in was a serious commitment. I miss their ironclad, unfailing ankle support. Flex was just right.

For a single guided trip, any of a number of full-rand leather as identified above would be fine. Whatever fits and works.