Lots of good boots mentioned so far. I have used Meindl perfect hikers and hunters ALOT here in CO and love them. Have a pair of extremes as well that I considered for my sheep hunt last year in AK, but they were just too tall for my taste. I ended up using the crispi Briskdal SF for my hunt in the south Wrangells. Spend a lot of time in glacier country similar to the chugach, and 2nd half of the hunt in a different spot was long approach, bushwacking, and forest marching to get to rams. About a varied terrain as you can probably get on a sheep hunt. Boots performed great through all terrains. Worth a shot if they fit your feet. Slightly more technical fit than the Meindl comfort fit, but wider than lowa tibets(which even in a wide, we’re too narrow for me).

I will say that all the guides with the outfit used plastics. But they need boots to hold up for 2 months of continuous use, and ideally multiple seasons worth of abuse. I view boots as a consumable product. If I get 2 solid sheep hunts out of a pair of boots, that fine with me. With leather boots and the amount of scree you traverse in glacier type country, they definitely take some abuse. The Briskdal do show some wear, but easily have several more hunts left in them. I usually wear through a set of Meindl perfect hikers every year. They fit my feet to a T, but are not the most durable when traversing screw fields in CO high country all summer. But a years worth of use is worth the $300 in my view.

Last edited by KU_Geo; 03/24/22.