Originally Posted by Orion2000

Went there with a young buddy who wanted to purchase a new Win 70 FWT 30-06 that they had advertised. Had cash in his pocket to seal the deal. Could not find any in the rack at the store. Two employees yakking leaning on the suppressor display. Asked them if we could see one of the Win M70's they has advertised. "Oh, those are over at the Internet Warehouse on the other side of town. We don't have any here at the store." My buddy asked if they could get one to the store for him to handle. Long story short, the only way they would bring a rifle to the brick and mortar store for my friend to handle the rifle would be for him to pay for the rifle today, and then come back three days later after they got the rifle from across town...

The last time I ever set foot in Bud's... A couple weeks later, my buddy voted with his dollars at a different retailer...

Not defending Bud's because I don't like them, but they do state on their website that their B&M stores may not have the same inventory. I don't understand the "cash in pocket" comment. I hope you have money if you want to buy something. I doubt if they could just rush over and get a gun from the warehouse. If they are set up properly, they have separate FFLs for each of their different stores and one for their internet sales. If your friend told them that he wanted to "handle" one, that is a tire-kicker comment. I'm sure it would feel just like every other M70 FWT ever made.