Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Originally Posted by Rick99
Many consider the case colored rotors a positive.

Yes, indeed. Most of the steel ones I've seen have a plain finish. Not a lot them were cased from what I've seen.

I've always wondered what kind of finish those plain steel ones have and why they don't rust. Anyone know how they are treated?

Another wrinkle in the Savage blanket ^^^^^

Growing up you heard about the "brass rotor Savage". The old timey gun traders were always bragging on em. You want one a tha gooduns, git you one with the brass rotor. Back when they made gooduns. Before the innerwebs, all they had was magazines and books, gunshows, and woodstove talk. Took many years to build up to legend status, but the old brass rotor Savage was "the one you want".

Now we know, thanks to instant worldwide communication, the steel rotor Savage was a special niche in history. Don't go back to brass just for the sake of living in the past. It's the age of enlightenment (arguable), so grab that steel rotor Savage and hold it high and proud!

*If you don't like the way it looks, dump it like a hot rock and go git you a brass rotor one. They everwhere.

Last edited by Fireball2; 01/20/22.

LOL