This thread almost got the better of me….which ain’t hard considering my level of loonyism. I’ve got a pre-64 model 70 in 30-06 that I almost sent to JES to rebore in 9.3x62 because Mainer and Mr. Brnbear are bad influences whose opinions I hold dear. Once I came to my senses and decided I didn’t need a new caliber with the attendant dies, bullets, etc that a new caliber in one’s arsenal requires I decided to instead stay with my 9x62…aka the .35 Whelen. 😁. Since I already have a 20” Whelen I’ll keep the model 70 at 24” and that’ll be for my wife or son in certain country. If anyone is going into the brush where a short barrel heavy hitter is needed I’ll take the 20” Whelen or one of the 20” .338 Win mags. I did pick up some 280gr Swift A-Frames so I can pretend it’s a 9.3 but inside I’ll always feel 3/10mm short and I’ll always know it’s only a 9x62. 😂. I intend to load the 250gr A-Frames and the 280gr A-Frames but I’ll likely use the 225gr TTSX as my do-it-all bullet.

I have decided (thanks again to Mainer 😉) that our daughter’s model 7 in .243 is going to become her new .338 Federal after it gets the JES treatment. I’d rebarrel her model 7 but for the price difference I can rebore 2 rifles for less than a barrel and a smith. I had to figure out how to get good use from all those 185gr .338 bonded bullets from Midway and the model 7 was screaming for a facelift.

Great thread guys. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~