Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by TRexF16
Thanks John! I just measured several Lapua factory loads and they go no more than 3.265", perfect for the magazines you mentioned.
Don't think you listed a COAL for your 9.3x62 loads in your "Medium Mediums" article. Do you keep yours to less than 3.3" or load them out a bit more given the longer magazine in your CZ?
Thanks again,
Rex

If I recall correctly the OAL possible in my CZ 550 is close to 3.35", maybe 3.4", because it's designed to handle standard .30-06-length rounds.

Same with the magazines on my commercial Mauser .35WAI and Springfield 9.3x62. Both are 3.4". Even at 3.375" OAL, both cartridges have about .200" jump to the lands. They feed great at that length and have plenty of bullet shank in the neck, so I have just been seating all bullets 3.375". And happily, both shoot consistently sub-MOA.

EDIT: One exception is the 225 Sierra GK in the 35 Whelen. It is a stubby little thing and I needed 3.335" to get what I thought was enough bullet shank in the neck. I only used that bullet on Pronghorn back in '94. All the other .358 bullet types of 225gr and up have fit fine at 3.37-ish. Even the 200 TTSX was fine at 3.375.