Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I do sometimes regret having not taken better pictures of hunts when I was younger, taken more time to clean critters up and also to consider the background when taking hero shots.

Man, put me firmly in this camp too. Up until a few years ago I rarely, if ever, even took pictures hunting or of the kills. Just never occurred to me.

Not intending to hi-jack but......

Do you guys think that in many instances the way we hunt has evolved from the differing geograph/topograpy, flora, fauna,climate and local culture. It would seem, as a circumstance, the instance of including photography in one's "hunting" may be in relation to the aforementioned factors.

For example,

I am afield, year around. That gives a lot of opportunities to "count coup' during the "off season".

Other than for varmints, turkey, and other fowl, I almost never spot and stalk. The temperature much of the year, the terrain and the habits of the game I hunt preclude this. Consequently I spend most of my time "afield" either in pop up blinds on the ground, or elevated "stands". Since I am heading to a destination, I can pack a camera, two long range lenses and a smaller zoom. I usually arrive about an hour before first light and either snooze or listen to an audio book. I may sit till noon. I usually go out in the afternoon at least two to three hours before dark. As I have night vision and thermal I may sit out until the wee hours of the morning. This time, being in one location in a blind allows for plenty of time to take photos of numerous subjects.

I’ve a want to tell folks, I shoot a lot more with a camera than I do a firearm, and the older I get, its not as much about the killing as it is being "afield".

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Perhaps you get the picture!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.