Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
Have you ever not put the camera down and grabbed the rifle soon enough. Yep I grabbed the wrong Canon this time. Oh well

If I'm hunting, I'm hunting. I don't take pictures of anything I intend to shoot 'til it's horizontal on the ground with the red juice leaking out. I'll take pictures of critters if I've decided not to shoot and I'll take pictures after the shooting is done, but I won't ever risk losing an animal to a fool stunt like trying to take pictures of something before I shoot it. To me that takes a level of arrogance that should bite a guy in the ass now and then. Real hunting isn't hunting for TV. I don't care what the TV "hunters" have to do to sell their show. .. I'm not in that game. The first thing I do is check behind the critter to be sure I'm not going to shoot through it and hit something I don't wish to. Second thing is getting those dang crosshairs lined up just as fast as I can. Every moment you delay is a moment when all opportunity can be lost. Not rushing things, just taking my time very quickly.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...