Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I am on a local forum and last week we got to discussing coyotes. And I said, "Shoot 'em on sight no questions asked." The Asheville Libs were horrified. One gal said, "If we become scared of coyotes, then we have been made fearful. If you think about harming a poor coyote, then you have been made violent. Let us not live lives of fear and violence. Let us live in harmony with the coyotes."

Spoken like a true bliss ninny.

Last time I lived in "harmony" with a coyote was when I was scouting for a special elk tag I'd pulled in east Idaho. My "instrument" was a Marlin 1894S .41 Magnum with a Sierra 210 grains jacketed hollow point bullet. At about 50 yards, it put a really quick stop to my "harmony" with El coyote. grin

When I lived in Laurel Canyon of Studio City, Calif., coyotes were all over the Hollywood Hills, Santa Monica Mountains, deserts, everywhere. Many a bunny hugging bliss ninny lost their little oopsie poopsie petsies and kitties to the prolific and fearless coyotes. Many of the idiots would put food out for the coyotes and then wonder where their little FiFi went.

The coyotes are still there and feeding well.

L.W.

You lived in Laurel Canyon? Damn. Site of Mamas and Papas song "12:30" "Young girls are coming to the canyon, and in the morning I can see them walking..."
Place where Graham Nash lived with Joni Mitchell and she composed her album, "Ladies of the Canyon."
Graham's song "Our house, is a very very very fine house..." was in Laurel Canyon.
Graham had "two cats in the yard" I wonder if they were eaten by coyotes.

Did you rub elbows with any rock stars there in Laurel Canyon?