Things change, what doesn’t? Troublemakers come and go, read the previous posts above for some of the latest drama. If you stay above it / out of it, it shouldn’t matter to your life. It hasn’t to me in 12 years. I joined in 2010, my first post was a “WTB” ad for a 30-06 - oh how stupid was I back then! We could have a little contest for people to guess who was the person who responded to me with “a great deal” - I should give away a free Wendy’s frosty to the winner…

It was none other than —————- Safariman! He had some Mauser action based bastard of a rifle he would let go for the low, low price of $400. I even think the photo of it was on the hood of the infamous Chevy Avalanche which became the source of much conversation within the next 2 years. No, I did not buy it.

I have done at least 100 transactions on this forum in the last 12 years, never been ripped off. Some haven’t gone perfectly, I remember purchasing a Burris Signature HD scope that was supposedly NIB. It might have been, but the box wasn’t sealed and any moron could see the reticle was canted so bad Stevie Wonder could have seen it. Somebody just made it my problem by selling it to me. I sent it in to Burris, they repaired it, I eventually sold it on locally. Ironically the seller could have driven it to Burris’s front door he was so close, I think he had something to do with their 2nds as he sold a bunch of Burris stuff. Oh well. I remember his screen name and pay extra attention if he is selling something I may be interested in.

I bought a Nikon Coyote scope prob 9 years ago. Seller got bent out of shape with me because I assumed shipping was included, but he said it wasn’t. Ad didn’t say either way. Just poor communication, so i sucked up and paid the shipping. He attitude and communication to me was rude and accusatory. Still remember his username, lesson learned.

Two months ago I was looking for 100 shells of nickel plated 308. Seller contacted me with 100 cleaned, sized, primed Federal pieces. Exactly what I was looking for, less than 24 hours within my initial posting! Paid what he was asking, didn’t even try to negotiate, and was ecstatic with the transaction. I could not have found those with primers ANYWHERE else. This place is awesome for stuff like that, but even more so for the collective wisdom of people who know an incredible amount about firearms, shooting, the outdoors, etc.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff