For a long time I have used a 20 ga. Remington 870 with a 28 inch full choke barrel. This gun patterns Federal's 1 1/8 oz. magnum load of 7 1/2's very well. Normally I get the birds inside 20 yards but I have killed several out to 30. Three years back I purchased an 870 Express Magnum in 3 inch 12 ga. My son had started to hunt turkey and took my 20 ga. I bought an extra full tube for it and patterned several different shot sizes and loads. I settled on the 2 oz. load of #6's again in the Federal 3 inch magnum load. I have been pleased with the performance of the gun and the load. The recoil is BAD but I only shoot a very few of these each season. two years ago I killed four ( the limit here ) with one shot when they stuck their heads up together. I held on the head in the center. I'll post a photo of them when I learn how to do that here. I've killed a lot of turkey with the 20 ga. I believe that it's all about finding the load and shot that patterns best in your gun and then calling them into range.<p>[This message has been edited by prairie dog shooter (edited January 26, 2001).]

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775