I loaded up some 250 SW hardcast in my old AMT Hardballer years ago and put a stronger recoil spring and frame buffers in it. Worked OK and all but no doubt was hard on the gun. Decided that if I wanted that kind of load, just carry the smith 29 or Ruger SBH with 5" barrel in 44 mag.
If your main use is really just a walking around gun that "can" be used to take small game and a nice shot on deer, then your 45acp and 200 Grain SW is a good choice. The Glock 10's bring the heat up considerably I am told and they are made by the factory to shoot that warm ammo. Likely a good choice as well.
If your walking around is really in search of a deer or bear, hunting, then take the 45 LC revolver of choice along in a well fitted holster.
You noted you had a compact 45acp for CCW and if you shoot it well your already set for walkin' around.
If you going to buy something bigger framed, buy a 45 LC which really has no lid on top performance should you want to go that way. 45LC 250 at 900 fps is a Kitten, 45LC 360 WFN at 1300 is a Tiger.

Last edited by Fury01; 02/04/22.