Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by viking
Glock 41.

New revolvers are scarce these days.

Yep an ugly square gun is exactly what the OP
ordered.

But this is the campfire, no one reads.
And they want everyone to want what they like.
Not answer the question.

I have a 4 5/8 Blackhawk 45Colt. Nice gun, like it shoot it well.
But it's a brick, and needs care to keep it nice.
For hunting it's easy.
For just bumming or working, it takes effort.

A Glock, is light and easy.
Of course it could be an M&P, or XD.
Whichever floats the boat.

Soon someone will recommend a Stihl.

In a few pages, it will need Alpha Glass!

Well said.

Yes, very well said. Earlier I suggested a Glock 20. My rational is thus: The OP seemed to indicate he didn't want to spend a bunch of money, or at least the price of an N-frame Smith. The Glock is cheap. When we had the farm, if I were out doing field work or otherwise getting dirty, it was the Glock 20 I carried. The dirt and dust have very little access to the inside of a Glock. A revolver, if carried in any kind of accessible way, has any number of infiltration routes for dust and dirt. Raw power, the revolver wins out, but a 10mm with good 180 or 200 grain loads will have plenty of smack out to 100 yards or so. The Glock holds 16 +1. If you do burn them all up and feel compelled to reload, it's not a big trick. I've shot enough .40 S&W through my Glock, trouble free, with the stock 10mm barrel, recoil spring and magazines that I feel assured I have an alternate ammo choice if needed/desired. Finally, the Glock is a real low-maintenance item. Don't get me wrong, for woods-walking and certainly for handgun hunting purposes, I much prefer one of my .41 or .44 N-frames. For a gun "just to have" when things are dirty or in a hostile environment, I want the Glock. Where there is a chance of losing the gun over the side of a boat, especially in activities like gator hunting, it's the industrial grade Glock over one of my Smiths by a long shot.

I've always been a big Stihl fan, but have to admit I've come to prefer Husqvarnas in recent years.

Mathew 22: 37-39