Originally Posted by simonkenton7
- - - - - - - You want to destroy their careers over this? Drugs are not exactly unknown in the military. Two of my best friends from high school, Greg D. and Phil P., joined the Marines in 1967 so that they could fight for their country in Vietnam. Phil and Greg had never even smoked a joint before they joined the Marines. They told me that they could buy a "ball" of heroin, the size of a golf ball, from an 8 year old kid on the streets of Saigon, for 5 bucks. They both came back from the 'Nam heroin addicts. Sticking that needle into the veins on their arms. By Christmas of 1970, Phil was dead of a heroin overdose. Greg survived for some years, but he was still ruined from his years as a warrior in the Marines.

OK - do I want our West Point grads and Army officers to be as you state: "Sticking that needle into the veins on their arms. By Christmas of 1970, Phil was dead of a heroin overdose. Greg survived for some years, but he was still ruined from his years as a warrior in the Marines."

When it comes to leadership, high standards and self-discipline matter a lot. Fools and weak-willed druggies destroy their own careers - even with fentanyl on spring break - and since taxpayes are footing the bill for their "leadership" training, end the charade now.

Last edited by CCCC; 03/14/22.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron