Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
One way to find out. Piece of paper of size appropriate, staked at range of choice. Give it a shot with IC and Full...you’ll see a sign. Loads and chokes are different landscapes for all scatterguns.

Yeah. I know the process, just wondering if anybody had a specific recommendations or good/bad experiences with the buck specific chokes I’ve seen out there before I start dropping coin. smile

Suggestions? Sure. 2-3/4" shells, stay away from 00 Buck. Smaller be better.

In my locker are 3 shotguns for consideration. The 12 bore Win Mod 50 patterns buck well, incl 00. Will vaporize a grapefruit at 30 yards. OTOH, the IC barrel presents a very uniform and consistent pattern of about 20" at 30 yards with smaller buckshot.

The 20 ga Ithaca 37 dotes on the IC tube for #3 buck. It has never failed to kill a hog at ranges of 15-40 yards. Boom-flop

The Beretta 686 dotes on an IC/Mod choke pair and I prefer to splatter the nearby pigs with the IC and swat'm on the butt with the Mod as they depart. Boom-boom-flop-flop. #0 or #4 buck

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain