Originally Posted by Godogs57
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by 805
They might fit inside but for sure can be strapped to the roof rack. Bring some ratchet straps and rope and you will be fine. Regarding the skull/CWD issue if you don’t skull cap it and want the full skull for a euro mount. Just bring a metal coat hanger and drill and it’s easy to remove the brain and you are good to go.

That skull will still be confiscated in many states.

I transport every elk I’ve killed in the back of my truck all the way to GA, including those killed on the ranch Sako is hunting this fall. My route takes me through Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Memphis, Mississippi and Alabama. Six months ago more mine rode back just fine. I pulled into several spots to gas up, eat, etc and not one LEO or GW had anything to say but congratulations and lets hear the story….

Pretty much the same experience, only different states. I have driven with multiple times with multiple elk racks in the back of my truck, from New Mexico, through, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota. The racks were very visible to others that we passed or passed us on the hiway.

NRA Patron