Originally Posted by Tejano
The Raptors look good and there are reports on using them on Buffalo too. I have the TTSX and GMX 250s on order and already have a load for 250-260 grain bullets. With minimum lead time I am reluctant to try the Raptors, that and I am cheap. I have a couple of other cartridges loaded with the Lehigh fragmenting mono but have only shot a limited number of game with them, so far they are awesome. I think the 100 grain and the 85 gr. Lehigh in my 257 Weatherby and 25-06 respectively will be brush country magic, as in minimal tracking. Both are running around 3,600 fps and shoot pretty close to 400 or 450 still working on these.

I think the 250 TTSX will be good if one shoulder is hit which I hope I can avoid as this is purely a meat hunt. If I wanted to put one through both shoulders then I would go 300 grain mono.

DF: Pretty good group there, did you white out the powder burns? I would call that minute of buffalo for sure.

I would punch the shoulder with s 250 TTSX or TSX. Why are you concerned?

Last edited by jwp475; 04/18/22.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first