I like ruger single actions. Used to cowboy action shoot and for me the muscle memory makes them work well. Still probably have 7 or 8 of em.

If I were starting out and did not have any I would buy a 5.5 Single Six 22M/22LR SS followd by a Blackhawk convertable.

I have a 6.5 Blackhawk .357/9mm convertible in SS. They were a distributer special run. First one got sent back to ruger as the chamber depths on the 9mm cylinder was so whacked it would not rotate when loaded. I was pissed as I ordered and waited for it. Sent it back they replaced the gun and now it is good for both and I shoot 9mm out of it alot which is really what makes this such a neat thing too have. Relatively cheap 9mm with little recoil in a steel gun. Fun to shoot.

Vaqueros, blackhawks, super blackhawks, single sixes and bearcats they are all good solid outdoor guns and once you get a good example keep it because getting good ones seems to be getting harder to do and more expensive. Ruger is too busy pumping out wranglers.

By the time you get one, see it its a shooter, tweak it, get leather, etc. you have some time and energy into it but good ones just feel right and are a joy to own and shoot.