Something I find interesting is that Ruger Model 77 bolt action rifles get little respect from the connoisseurs and cognoscenti as the basis for a fine custom firearm, yet as can be seen from several beautiful examples here the Blackhawk in its many iterations is lavished with all manner of work to turn it into a work of art.

Not making any editorial comment here, just noting the incongruous attitude. If someone has an editorial opinion on this please feel free.

P.S. My first centerfire handgun was an Old Model .357 Blackhawk with 6 1/2" barrel bought in 1968, I learned to reload on that. Have long since lost count of the number of Blackhawks and Super Blackhawks that have come and gone but a conservative estimate would put that as at least two dozen, likely a bit more. Blackhawks were also what I used to learn the kind of shade tree gunsmithing that makes real machinists cringe; made most all of them more accurate to a lot more accurate and only ruined one. wink

Down to a single example now, a New Model .357 Blackhawk with 6 1/2" barrel. I don't blast handgun loads at full volume much these days, but when I do that Blackhawk is the one that comfortably handles the job, emphasis on comfortably.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!