Originally Posted by pabucktail
Originally Posted by Creeker
I have 3 Blackhawks. Each hold a special place in my life.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

I really like the front sight conversion on the top revolver. Please tell us about it!

I have a 4 5/8 .44 special flattop which I generally like very well, except for the front sight. Am I the only one who finds the angle of the front sight makes the thing want to disappear in various lighting conditions? I've killed five or six deer with the flattop, but also had to pass on some shots simply because the front sight wasn't sufficiently discernable. On the stainless guns, this is an easy fix. Simply get a properly angled front sight from Fernin Garza or Clements. Until Creeker's pic I've not seen an easy solution for the blued guns.

The front sight was too low & the little sixgun hit high for me. I wanted a taller front sight but didn't want to reblue. I purchased a sight blank from Brownells & a dovetail cutter. The front sight was milled off & a dovetail cut in the front base. About any machinist could do this. I shaped the sight to my liking & filed it to the correct height for my load & applied cold blue. It works great.
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com][Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com][Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com][Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]