Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Doc_Holidude
To those who it wouldn’t matter for, that’s great. In my mind, the hunt actually starts with the preparation for the hunt, which includes time at the reloading bench. Since I started reloading in 1989, I have not harvested a single big game animal with factory loaded ammunition or with a rifle I didn’t own. If I changed that for a “higher class scoring trophy” I personally would feel a bit like I’m selling out. To me, it does make a difference. Again, to those that it doesn’t…rock on.

That's outstanding. Do you think everyone should do it like you do, or enjoy the same aspects of the hunt that you do? Obviously not, so why answer a question that wasn't asked?

Oh, my apologies sir…I thought I saw a question somewhere in this topic about whether it mattered whose rifle got fired at trophy elk. It’s possible I mis-read what I read. With that being said, if I offended anyone by saying that it mattered to me that it does, or that in doing so, I “spoke out of turn” so to speak, then again all apologies. 😎 Happy hunting!

Doc_Holidude

No apologies necessary, it's an open forum. I don't think you mis-read the question, I think you just wanted to insert your opinion. Like so many threads on here where a guy asks a simple question and 90% of the replies have nothing to do with his question. Especially when the reply has to do with the righteousness of "how I do it."

A wise man is frequently humbled.