Originally Posted by kaboku68
Well HC for Alaska he has the route to die. Many, many things he is advocating are death.
1) Cotton kills- His shirt and shorts is a very bad recipe.
2) Trail runners can't handle volume.
3) Titanium is better than plastic spoon. It can also be used as a tent stake or a tent stake can be used as a spork.
4) gloves and a toque are mission critical on a glacier.
5) Nalgene is durable. Seeker Soaker silicon water bottles are better, lighter and more durable than nalgene. You can lock it to the outside of your pack with a carabiner.
6) Cuben tarps are nifty but not good for continued rain.
7) You might not be able to dry things out.
8) Trekking poles are a must.
9) Yoga sleeping pad spells no sleep. Sleep is important and he is cheaping out on his set up.
10) Trekking pole tent would not be my first choice over 4500 of elevation. Below that its ok but up on the upper ridges that are good to hunt from would not be recommended.
11) make tooth paste dots.
12) take small sliver of no odor solid deodorant for your feet so they don't sweat and prompt blisters.
13) Think through possible situations and use a feedback chart to make sure that you are prepared for any situation.
14) Bail if you think you could be getting into trouble. No ram or Billy is worth dying for.
15) Ultralight items cost a lot. Simple items might weigh more but sometimes a collection of limited simple multipurpose items weigh less than a pack stuffed with ultralight tech gizmos.
16) You should carry at least 12 rounds of ammo in a secure ammo carrier.
17) Don't overthink your shooting unit. Occam's razor is your friend.
18) Don't cheap out on your tripod and make sure that you have a mounting solution for your binos.

I am not going to get into the really technical stuff but I can say that backcountry hunting is an entirely different enchilada that through hiking.

Thanks for the video though.

K68
How durable have you found the Hydrapak Seeker “bottles”