Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Here's a practical tip to lighten your load.

Train with a heavier load than you will be hauling in the field.
Have trouble finding motivation to simply train?
Park a designated distance from the grocery store. Ie, a public park. Take your pack to do your shopping.
Haul it back to the vehicle or home.
Get into a routine and you'll be closer to your fitness goal.
In the field, your load will feel lighter. Chances of injury reduced.

Aside from looking like an insane person at the grocery store, just carrying a heavier pack isn't going to beneefit you much.
College towns a bunch of folks have backpacks.
A heavier pack carried a significant distance is a good routine for a lot of reasons. If you have trouble on streets, you'll not do so well on mountain trails. A backpacker met me walking home today knew I was training and appreciated that.

It's not actually. If you want to improve your rucking ability (or load carrying ability) you should be doing much more then just carrying a heavy pack for long distances.

You need to consult an exercise physiologist.

https://www.performancefirstus.com/...performancefirst-12-week-rucking-program

You're welcome.
I did not say carrying a heavier pack is the only thing to do. You are putting words in my mouth.
It is however helpful for more reasons than your exercise physiologist is aware of.
You don't agree? I can live with that. To each their own.
I started this thread so those who wish to can add to a list of many options for lightening a load.
I've been an athlete all of my life and train other athletes.
This is nothing new. I would not recommend this for those who are addicted to fast food and considering knee replacement, but my methods have worked for me and many others.

Oh what professional certifications/credentials do you hold that actually prove your knowledge base?