Originally Posted by Longbob
Somewhat of a side note. We just got back from the Grand Caymans. Went into Kirk Freeport there and picked up a new Rolex for my wife with a chocolate face. I was surprised how good it looked. There wasn't a single men's Rolex in the entire store. Couldn't believe it.

It almost got expensive while we were walking around. I am a sslut for a beautiful watch dial. They had a gorgeous Patek Philippe womens Caltrava blue dial. We both fell in love with it, but I told her I guessed it would be $40,000. I was close it was $37,000. Too much for us.

One of my favorite watches is my Seiko Presage Cocktail time with a light blue champagne dial. It was $400 and one of the most gorgeous watches I have seen in my opinion especially for the price.

Rolex makes about 1m watches a year with no desire to increase production, demand is about 10x production, probably more. The "sport" watches are most in demand, the GMT, Submariner, Explorer, Milguass, AirKing, Daytona and others. Rolex gold watches are mostly available. I've worn one of four models for 40 years, the last one in 2019 was the only one that was difficult to acquire. Now they are almost impossible for the typical consumer.