Originally Posted by Angus1895
I am sooo butt hurt!

Pick on Winchester.browning , miruko etc etc.

BUT LEAVE MARLINS OUTTA THIS PLEASE! I

I love Marlins, too. I've owned quite a few over the years. This is my great grandfather's 1893 take down made in 1901. It's in .30-30. He used to shoot turkeys with it in Pennsylvania. It was handed down to my grandfather who killed deer with it in Pennsylvania. It skipped my dad then came to me when my grandfather died. I've killed one deer with it. I shoot it only very occassionally. The flat part of the tip of the ejector is broken off, but it still ejects fine. It will go to my son one day.

Also in the picture is a whistle he made out of the tip of a deer antler. Its the loudest, smoothest sounding whistle I ever heard. And the other thing is a ancient silver plated commemorative .30-30 shell marked:

WINCHESTER REP. ARMS CO.
PATENTED AUG. 22, 1899
.30 CALIBER WINCHESTER
USE 32 S&W SMOKELESS

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The first gun I ever bought for myself, and the first centerfire rifle I ever owned, was a Marlin 336 I bought in 1986. Up until then, I had only hunted deer with shotguns. I bought it at BEST department store, along with a couple boxes of ammo. The same day I took it to the a range and sigted it in. That fall I took it out and killed, up until then, my biggest buck on my first hunt with that rifle.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 05/25/22.