Anything will work...it's about your own tolerance for condensation dripping on you and also for bugs and how carefully you want to pitch (and adjust) your tarp.

Most people need a larger footprint with a floorless setup to keep their bags and bodies away from the wet insides of the tent. You can wake up squished against the sides of your double wall tent, or have your clothes squished against the sides, and they will be fairly dry. But esp in humid weather anything touching the walls of a single wall tarp/tent is going to be wet.

I use floorless in snow with a hot stove/tipi setup, but I will often use a liner in my tipi (actually a low wide custom cuben thing, not a kifaru style tipi). The stove really helps blow the moisture out of the tent, but even with a stove, you still get condensation in certain situations on the lower sides of the tarp/tent.

Bottom line is that light double wall tent requires way less effort and practice to keep you and your stuff dry, both from your own condensation and from any weather.

I always have a light tarp and it's nice to be able to string a line between two trees and quickly stake out the sides and fall asleep, but most of the time I'd rather pack a double wall tent and spend the week not having to think about condensation and weather.