Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Shrap and Ed… when I acquired my wby semi auto it gave me fits with reliability. I knew it was a bit dirty from initial inspection but when I stripped it down all the way it was the filthiest 22 I had ever seen.

I must have sprayed and cleaned 5 lbs of lead and gunk out of the thing. Reassembled and it runs like a top now

Not implying either one of your rifles is the same but something to consider anyway…

Let us know how yours shoots Ed

Dirt is the biggest enemy of the semi-auto, and I didn't take his gun apart to check it. While we were out, I had Federal copper clad hollow points that worked without a hitch. I was wondering if it might be the soft lead and wax coating on the TAC...

My CSC has a tight chamber and needs a snake or chamber brush applied once in a while to keep it running smooth. Depends on the bullet shape as much as anything I suspect. Last time out, CCI AR was giving me trouble, so I pulled the snake through it. The Tac ran fine after that, and so did the AR for a couple mags thrown at a spinner. I need to make a chamber brush I can work through the action port.

What fresh Hell is this?