We have 2 weeks of spring squirrel season starting next saturday. I hope to get out at least one or two days and get some tree rats for the grill. Otherwise, it's a short 5 months until early muzzleloader season and I have a new Knight Mountaineer to work on. Right now is a good time to be on the outdoor range before the humidity hits like a freight train in mid June.

Right now, there are lots of guns and ammo coming back into stock. I am getting notices from online retailers daily for ammo - the previously hard to find kind. So now is the time to stock up.

But as Pullit said, the yard is calling, too. I had the entire exterior of my house remodeled over the last two monmths and a new sewer system installed and the grass is a disaster. Excavators, and pallets of siding sitting on the grass for 60 days, aren't friendly to laws. After every rain I have to cart more fill dirt to fill in around the sewage basin and line because no matter how much you run the compator over it, rain makes it settle more. Just now getting to where I think it is settling as much as it will.