My shooting buddy complained to me (2) years ago that he wanted to get rid of ‘this’, as he grabbed a roll of fat around his waist. I told him I could help him if he wanted it. He listened with a wry smile. He was convinced he could not lose weight because he had tried hard a few years previously with no results. To encourage him, I said I would do a weight loss program with him. He bit.

I weighed 165 and he weighed 247 at the start. After one year, I weighed 144 and he weighed 183. He confessed that he only took me up on the ‘challenge’ to prove me wrong, that is, that he could not lose any further weight. He showed me a pic on his cell phone of his ‘daily’ food consumption in the beginning. I said, ‘Good God man, that’s a lot of calories.’ He was shocked, as to him it was his normal daily consumption.

Long story short, we have both stopped losing weight, as we are now happy where we both are. I weighed 149 today and he weighed 185. He is so happy. I feel good inside, knowing I helped my friend get to where he thought was an absolute impossibility. Life is good.